- Ellen Haines
What Is A Rapid Transformational Therapy Session Like?
If you're intrigued about Rapid Transformational Therapy (RTT) and are wondering "What's an RTT session like?", this blog post is for you.
In this post you will learn:
1. What RTT is
2. 5 things I've observed about RTT, as an RTT Practitioner
3. What to expect in a session
4. What people who have experienced RTT have to say about it
Let's dive in, shall we?
First off, what in the heck is Rapid Transformational Therapy?
The RTT method was developed by globally acclaimed hypnotherapist and best selling author, Marisa Peer.
The thing I like most about RTT is that it wasn't created in academia by professors and researchers. It was created inside Marisa's therapy room. It uses simple, yet profound methods that get to the heart of people's issues, fast.
Marisa is a pioneer in the field of therapy. She spent 30 years, helping thousands of clients overcome every issue under the sun. She observed what delivered powerful breakthroughs and learned from their setbacks. She learned how the mind works at a deep level. Over time, she was able to construct a method that can be applied to any issue and consistently deliver life-changing results.
I recall back to my training with Marisa where she would continuously say, "I always learn from my clients".
As an RTT Practitioner, here are the top 5 things I've observed about RTT in action.
1. The comment I get more than anything else when a client opens their eyes at the end of a session is "I feel so much lighter".
2. The process of regressing a client back to the root cause of their issues consistently reveals hidden information and new insights about themselves
3. Clients are surprised at how vivid their long-forgotten memories are while in hypnosis. They're even more surprised about how those experiences still affect them in adulthood.
4. Clients love their recordings. I consistently hear that the recording helps brings them into a positive mental state anytime they get into a funk or slip back into an old pattern.
5. RTT is incredibly empowering. It gives people who grew up feeling like they weren't seen or didn't have a voice the opportunity to take their power back.
What to expect in your session
Every session kicks off with a casual discussion about your challenge(s). Your therapist will ask you deeper questions about how you're struggling and learn a little bit about your upbringing and your family. Then they will work with you to understand exactly what it is that you want in life. Your therapist will elicit lots of detail from you, which will be used to curate your session.
In the session itself, you will be brought into a state of hypnosis. This is nothing to worry about! You will feel very relaxed, yet you will be in complete control the entire time. You'll speak to your therapist while in hypnosis and you'll remember the details of your session.
A session typically lasts anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours. While every session is slightly different, you will always be guided back to the root cause of the issue or challenge you're wanting to resolve. The rest of your session will be used to address what comes